Thread: Proposal: Edm-Tor
View Single Post
Old
09-07-2012, 02:48 PM
81Leafs50

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
That doesn't negate his point - Franson has value as a 2nd pairing guy - top 4 material, not top pairing.

IMO it's one of Franson or Gunnar that are on the outs, just a matter of which one and which deal is available. Franson didn't really get a good run here last year, but we all know that. If Gunnar is moved expect the Franson contract to be inked immediately and slot in his place.

2 guys I'd target from Edmonton are Hartikainen and Ryan Jones. Not sure if either is available for a guy like Gunnarson but from what I know of them both are gritty and other than our 4th line sandbags we have no real grit in our top-9. Kadri doesn't count cause he can't stay on his feet and Kulemin will shy away from any real rough stuff. Lupul shouldn't be fighting, likewise for JVR, and who does that leave? Macarthur?

EDM fans? What's the return look like?
It does, cause Franson has a much higher upside than Teubert. Thus Teubert and a 3rd for Franson makes sense.

Paajarvi to me is a risk/reward type player. I can see him flopping or becoming a 20 goal guy consistently, which is Colborne's upside. Plus Colborne has size, defensive awareness, good at faceoffs, and he dominated the AHL this season unlike Paajarvi.

So I see this as a pretty even trade. But, i wouldn't do this trade from wither teams perspective cause they really cant afford to give up on these guys just yet.

EDIT: I know you cant see it from his stats, that he dominated the AHL......but he was on pace for approx. 1.5 pts per game until he mangled his hand and played through it till the end of the season. He was on a ridiculous pace until he got hurt.

Last edited by 81Leafs50: 09-07-2012 at 02:54 PM.
81Leafs50 is offline   Reply With Quote