View Single Post
Old
09-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
So, let me get this straight, Joe Mack was a joke last year when he took a 4-10 team and turned them into first place with a Grey Cup final?

Joe Mack was a joke when he helped build Grey Cup winning teams in the 80's?

I'm not really a CFL fan, I just can't get my head wrapped around this "Swaggerville" mentality if the Bombers win a few games, and crying bloody foul every time they lose a few. Are Hamilton's fans like this? Saskatchewan's?
Joe Mack took a Mike Kelly team and made them EVEN WORSE, falling to 4-14. Talk all you want about how close games where, the fact is they went 4-14. Mack is getting so much credit for his 10-8 season, yet gets none of the blame of the 6-21 record he has managed to assemble in his other two seasons as GM.

We are always talking about the Bombers are young, they are on the upswing. Yet after the hot start of last season jumping out to a 7-1 start, the Bombers are 5-14 in regular season play and regressing. The team is going backwards under Mack, getting worse all the time.

It's not a few games he is losing. It is a lot of games, with no signs of improvement, in fact the team is getting worse all the time. If he gets so much credit for barely cracking .500, he deserves as much credit for the other 6-21 record he has put up. And yes, Hamilton's and Saskatchewan's fans expect them to win football games. It is the point of the sport, last I checked.