Thread: Value of: Brayden Schenn to the Oilers?
View Single Post
Old
09-07-2012, 02:17 PM
Flyershockey112
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
I absolutely hate that argument. You could use it for a bunch of forwards who are stuck in defensive roles with mediocre line mates. The numbers don't translate as easy as most want to believe.

I don't know how many times on this website I have to hear about a player who's playing with mediocre line mates, not getting PP time (or 1st PP time, which it'll be next for Couturier when he doesn't produce like Flyers fans want him to), and playing in a shut down role means if the player was put in a better offensive role they'd be a "2 way, Selke Caliber, PPG forward". It's one of the most annoying things to hear and just about every fan base does it with someone (i.e., Ryan O'Reilly).

RNH has more offensive potential than Couturier. Couturier is massively overrated by Flyers fans.

Agreed.

Hah, I used that comparison with one of my friends and they got mad. Too bad they have a lot in common. Players that fell. Were considered steals after good first years. Etc.
So your saying that James Neal would of put up the same numbers if he wasn't with Maklin

Flyershockey112 is offline   Reply With Quote