View Single Post
Old
05-03-2006, 04:01 PM
C-J Carlson

vCash: 500
Of the unrestricted free-agents, I'd like to see us keep Chris Mason, Mark Eaton, Danny Markov, Marek Zidlicky and Mike Sillinger. I'd take Markov over Brendan Witt, though the team gave up a first-round pick for Witt, so they might not want to let him go. Markov and Witt will make about the same salary-wise. And I think Yanic Perreault has helped this team out a lot, but he's done his job and now it's time for him to move on.

Of the restricted free-agents, we need to re-sign Jordin Tootoo, and I like Brandon Segal. Couldn't care less about Brian Finley.

And of the restricted free-agents with arbitration rights, I'd try to keep them all - Dan Hamhuis, Martin Erat, Vern Fiddler, Adam Hall (definitely; the most under-rated player on the team this year, IMO), Scott Hartnell, David Legwand, Libor Pivko, and Jerred Smithson.

I'd package Dan Hamhuis in a trade for some size up front. I'd try to get something in a trade for Scott Walker too, but I'm not sure he'd bring in much, what with his injury record.

Anyhoo...

C-J Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote