Old
09-07-2012, 08:41 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
Huh? Where was the "hit?"

Cox called him "brash", "hard nosed" and "aggressive." I don't see anything there that most people wouldn't say about Burke.

He also speculated that Burke might not be safe in his position if the Leafs don't make the playoffs this season. Nothing new there, nor would that qualify as unfair or a "hit."

I thought the column was mostly old news. A CEO retired and new ownership took over. Of course there is going to be corporate intrigue.

What I did find interesting was his comment that there were some within Rogers and Bell that wanted a complete house cleaning of the basketball and hockey executives. That's the first time I've read or heard anything beyond: "Even with new owners, it's business as usual at MLSE..."
Cox doesn't have a clue about what some unknown future CEO will think yet he decides to write that Burke will lose his job because he can see the future. So basically more filler that did'nt need to be included in the article but it was because Cox just like the other 99% of Toronto "sports" media is mostly trash.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote