Thread: Proposal: Vancouver - San Jose
View Single Post
Old
09-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back in 94 View Post
I agree with you here but I think most Canuck fans would agree that our goaltending, especially during the regular season was our strongest asset. The Luongo/Schneider tandem really did bail us out on numerous occasions.
I'm sure they had their fair share of moments but having an offense tied for 4th in the league also helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckLuck View Post
Just my personal take on it, but it seems that teams are a revolving door around their goal-tending. Mistakes are amplified by 10x and ultimately goaltending comes down to 1 man, not a unit. I agree that team success is reliant on having strength at all positions, that isn't what I was refuting. I simply believe if you have bad goaltending you will suck and if you have good goaltending you will be good. I'm not sure the same can be said about the other positions.

And last year the Canucks looked uninterested most games and goaltending scraped the team by a lot of games. Last year the Canucks would get an A+ in net, a B on offense and a B on defense. Their goaltending was the difference between 5th and 1st place. A good team regardless, but their goaltending stood them apart.
Michael Leighton and Brian Boucher were goaltenders that made it to the Cup finals. Antti Niemi won the Cup. Roberto Luongo was a good goalie in Florida and that team still sucked.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote