Old
09-07-2012, 09:56 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

vCash: 500
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...medium=twitter

Lindback and Garon
Quote:
"They're both going to get a lot of ice time," Boucher said at the Ice Sports Forum in Brandon. "I'm not expecting Lindback to come in here and play 65 games. He played 15 games the past two years, so it's not fair to him. It's not fair for the expectations."

Boucher's facts are slightly off Lindback played 16 games last season and 22 in 2010-11 as Pekka' Rinne's backup but the coach's instinct to manage the expectations for Lindback, 24, is a no-brainer.
Quote:
"We know he's going to be good, but how good we don't know," Boucher said of Lindback. "That's why Garon is perfect for him. He'll be able to help him with how to manage things. And we know we can put Garon in net and get good results."
Quote:
Given that and the acquisition of Lindback, Boucher wanted Garon to know he will not be overlooked, so he made a phone call. His message: "Don't come in with a backup attitude."

"With my experience, whatever a coach tells you, it's never set in stone, but it's good for him to tell me to prepare," said Garon, who added that his groin is 100 percent healed. "When there is a trade like that you don't know what to expect. You don't know what's going on. It was good to get that phone call."

Speaking of phone calls, Garon called Lindback to let him know they will be partners and not competitors.

"I talked to him and welcomed him and told him whatever you need through the year I'll be there to help you," Garon said.

"Even so, he added, "I prepare like I'm going to play a lot of games. The rest depends on how things go. But I don't control that. All I control is being in good shape and being ready to play."