View Single Post
Old
09-07-2012, 10:51 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by detrude View Post
Point is, Brees is the most valuable guy on board at 6 and it's really not even close. He averages 7+ points per week more than guys like CJ2k, MJD, and Forte, and that's also about as much as he outscores the second tier QBs by. With our settings, the difference between someone like Forte and someone like R.Bush is actually pretty negligible week-to-week, even if I don't really like Bush as a player. The added points I get from Brees here is huge. Graham in the second seems like a reach, but we have a full point per reception and he had at least 4 catches in every game last year--that's too good to pass up at this point, and he won't last until the third round. His 17.9 points per game is better than any RB left on board at that position, and comparable with the top tier guys. Beyond that I just reacted to having my targets go a few spots before my pick and took who I thought was the BPA. My receivers are all #1 or 1a targets, and all average 13+ points per week except for Maclin. I'm not pleased with my RB crew by any stretch, but my QB and receiving corps have enough firepower to keep me in most games until I make a move for an RB.

As for Ryan, *shrug*. A lot of starters went early. 9th round seems a little low for him, but it's really a matter of preference. Some love him this year, some aren't sold on him breaking out. The second tier guys are totally interchangeable week-to-week, and Romo and Peyton could go huge at any time as well.
not going to get into a debate with you but Brees is not the most valuable player at #6. The math does not support the idea of selecting a QB that high in comparison to having an elite running back... the gap between Brees and a guy I get in the 7th round isnt as big of a difference as some want to believe....plus you only play one QB at a time...in most leagues, people use 3 RB's (one as a flex) and landing the elite of the elite in running backs is the mathematical advantage you will have as you are in a clear advantage over the herd with 3 overall spots instead of just one...

I will guarantee that your team of Brees, Doug Martin, and Reggie Bush will lose 10 out of 10 times to my teams that I draft of Romo, McCoy and Murray by years end (assuming everyone stays relatively healthy ofcourse)....just using 3 guys as an example that I usually draft with Romo going around round 7.... the gap between McCoy/Murray and Martin/Bush is gigantic in the landscape of fantasy football...

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote