View Single Post
Old
09-08-2012, 12:07 AM
24Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
First of all, when are you planning on going and where do you want to go...try being a bit more specific.. have you ever been to Russia before? Can you speak any Russian?

I'll be in Russia (Moscow) from Sept.23rd. to the mid December. I don't go to many KHL games, but I'm sure I can give you some advice on games in either Moscow or St. Petersburg. Getting tickets is the easy part.

But in order to get there, you'll need to get an official invitation in order to obtain a visa. (if you book at a hotel/hostel) they can provide you with the official invitation. If you need a name of a hotel in St. Petersburg (not so cheap..but depends are you a budget traveler?) I can give you info where to book. If you book a longer stay in the hotel they'll supply you with the invitation free of charge.

Once you get your visa all you have to do is show up and enjoy... most young people in St. Petersburg/Moscow speak some English, it's easy to meet people...no worries there. The further east you travel, the more difficult it becomes.

if you have any specific questions..then just pm a message.
Never been to Russia and can't speak the language. I was planning on January and mainly staying around Moscow. I know I have many details to finalize and was not aware of the official invitation and visa issues. I naively thought a Canadian passport would open most doors this day and age. Thanks for the info and advise.

24Cups is offline   Reply With Quote