Thread: Proposal: Edmonton - Phoenix
View Single Post
Old
09-07-2012, 11:08 PM
TurdFerguson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
You assume Yandle is good enough to have the Oilers make the playoffs? Otherwise they lose the trade.

Horcoff becomes a top 6 player ick. Belanger becomes a 3rd line center ick. Virtually not a single left wing prospect after trading MPS ick. Lander or Vandevelde get forced up early and thrown on the 4th line ick.

There is alot of ick in that scenario. Posters like you always throw in that condescending tone of "if" they want to get better when clearly every fan wants the team to get better.

Since deadline of 2010 we have been watching this rebuild, why lose patience right now? Id like Yandle but not at the price of creating big holes on the team. Plus with how CBA negotiations are going the cap may go down, if so there might be alot of waiver fodder. It worked picking up Ryan Jones for the 3rd line
I never claimed they'd make the playoffs this year with Yandle. I actually believe they shouldn't do this trade because the pick can very easily be a lottery pick. The Oilers depth would be diminished through the trade, and this would hurt their team defense more than Yandle would add to it. If the goal was to win games and compete for a low playoff spot over the past 2 years, they would have attempted to add strong defensive guys during the off season on short term deals and not traded Gilbert for Shultz. I don't think they'll be competing for a playoff spot this year either because they haven't improved their team defensively.

TurdFerguson is online now   Reply With Quote