View Single Post
Old
08-12-2012, 03:15 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion 6.0

The thread front end is back again after a year off. This time I'm going to hopefully set it up so that I have to do less upkeep that ends up wearing on me to the point where I give up.

I had intended to put this in the prospect thread last year, but it never got completed due to graphical issues. Still, given that this is the one year anniversary of the accident, it seems appropriate to continue to remember Daniil and all those lost on that tragic day.

Anyway, I'll be adding a quick reference table here soon.

in the mean time some notes.

The following players on the previous year's list have been removed:
  • Justin Daniels (C - Northeastern University. 3rd round pick in 2008) San Jose chose to sever ties with Daniels now, even though they didn't have to make a decision on him until his class graduates next off-season. No specific official reason was given
  • Andrew Desjardins (C - San Jose Sharks. Undrafted Free Agent) Graduated. Played the whole season with San Jose, surpassing the NHL GP threshold to qualify for this list.
  • Michael Sgarbossa (C - Sudbury Wolves. Undrafted Free Agent) Traded at the deadline to Colorado
  • Patrick White (C - University of Minnesota. Acquired via trade w/Vancouver) Sharks chose not to sign him out of college, receiving a compensatory 2nd round pick instead (used in the last draft to select Chris Tierney)
  • Tommy Wingels (C - San Jose Sharks, X round pick in Y) He still qualifies as a prospect, but it seems like a spot with the Sharks is pretty probable, and that's one place where I draw the line for prospects.
  • Mike Connolly (LW - Worcester Sharks. Undrafted Free Agent) Traded at the deadline to Colorado
  • Tony Lucia (LW - Worcester Sharks. 6th round pick in 2005) was not tendered a qualifying offer this off-season and became an unrestricted free agent.
  • Drew Daniels (RW/D - Northeastern University. 9th round pick in 2008) Same as his brother, the organization severed ties with him a year ahead of his draft rights window expiring
  • Cam MacIntyre (RW - Worcester Sharks. Undrafted Free Agent) Was not tendered a qualifying offer and became an UFA. Or maybe he never existed at all... *dun dun DUN*
  • James Marcou (RW - Worcester Sharks. Undrafted Free Agent) Not tendered a qualifying offer, became UFA.
  • Thomas Greiss (G - San Jose Sharks. 3rd round pick in 2004) Graduated. Age and NHL GP thresholds were surpassed.
  • Tyson Sexsmith (G - Worcester Sharks. 3rd round pick in 2007) Not tendered a qualifying offer, became UFA.

however, the following players have been added since last year's list:
  • Tomas Hertl (C/W - Slavia Praha), Chris Tierney (C - London Knights), Christophe Lalancette (RW - Acadie-Bathurst Titan), Dan O'Regan (C/W - Boston U), Cliff Watson (D - Ohio State), and Joakim Ryan (D - Cornell). All 2012 draftees.
  • Matt Tennyson (D - Western Michigan), and Travis Oleksuk (C/W - Minnesota-Duluth) were both signed as undrafted free agents.
  • Matt Pelech (D - Worcester Sharks) was added because, well, would you tell him he can't be on this list?

Also of note is that for Pelech and Stalock, although they both are 25 and past the age threshold for HF prospects, I'm going to include them because they are still part of the evaluations for future spots on the Sharks and are not necessarily getting roster spots this coming season (whenever that is).

players are sorted by position and listed alphabetically. Players qualify for this list by being 25 years old or younger, not on the San Jose Sharks roster, and with less than 50 games played at the NHL level (or 30 for goaltenders).

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.

Last edited by The Nemesis: 09-08-2012 at 12:14 AM.