View Single Post
Old
09-08-2012, 04:28 AM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
You seem to be having a massive case of "I like this prospect a lot so I value him way more than I should" syndrome.

He hasn't really proven much, if anything, at the NHL level. I mean 14pts in 59 games isn't screaming "omg, totally see the 2nd line potential."

This isn't some highly touted 1st or 2nd round pick, he was a 5th round flier that the Kings took and he's done fairly well at the AHL level but he's undersized and hasn't proven much in the NHL. His value might be higher to the kings than it is around the NHL. At 5'10" if he's not built like Crosby, he's not going to do well at the NHL level, at best he might end up being a Euro Kyle Wellwood if he doesn't pack on some muscle.
He's our best prospect. He's got a pretty good two way game. 14 points in 59 games for a reason. The only top 6 minutes he's ever seen was on LW and he has always played center. I'm high on him for a reason. He's got loads of potential and one of our only true offensive threats in a prospect. But I know what he is - weak and unproven. Notice I said we'd have to add to Connolly. Yeah he was a 5th rounder but Slava Voynov was a 2nd rounder in the same year when the whole Russian scare did push both back later than they could have potentially gone otherwise. But c'mon lets be real. Size isn't as huge in the NHL. Guys like Nathan Gerbe can crack it in this league. Height isn't holding Lokti back - muscle is. He definitely isn't ready physically for the NHL but that's something that a good offseason of training can really help at. He does have the potential to be a 2nd line center and had we not traded for Mike Richards, I expected him to win that job over Brayden Schenn. But then Richards was brought in and we still had Stoll. Lokti got called up and sent down a bunch, had some injuries, but even in a limited NHL role, he showed flashes of that potential.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote