09-08-2012, 12:50 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
Letang is almost like a Staal type guy around here - he constantly gets overrated for intangibles and folks have a hard time evaluating him objectively. I get that he's our "best defender" but that isn't really saying much given how much everyone has underachieved.

When I look at Letang, I see a guy who has all the physical tools and a nice pair of hands, but he still hasn't put it all together yet. He's average at best in terms of QB'ing the PP and defensively he still leaves a lot to be desired.

Yeah - he's a physical freak and he plays tough, but lets not let those 2 "intangibles" cloud our view of him because his game still isn't as good at some of the folks on this board will lead you to believe.
I will agree that he's not a PP QB and I don't think he ever will be. It's not his natural ability.

That being said... you are really incorrect about his defensive game. It's not even close. He does have mental lapses that even he discussed after the season, but the guy deserves every bit of 7m if that's what he gets.