View Single Post
Old
09-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
So how about the people from Continental that firstly outsourced a commuter flight to some mom & pop airline without the knowledge of the consumers that assumed they were flying on a Continental operated plane, then hired a pilot that didn't know how to prevent and recover from a stall that ultimately ended in another tragedy? (The Buffalo crash of 2009)

Sure the people at the top bear some responsibility for the Lokomotiv accident. First you'd have to prove that they actually knew that the pilot had forged documents. For the co-pilot to be dangerously inexperienced, I would bet that is FAR more common than anyone would like to believe.

I fly a lot. Nowhere near what a pro athlete would, but still way more than the average person I am sure.

I would NEVER fly on a Russian airline, or most African airlines, or most discount carriers.

There is always a risk when you are hurtling at 500 mph in a metal tube at 35000 feet, and that won't ever go away, but I do think we're kidding ourselves if we think this is a strictly Russian issue.

It happens here too. It happens everywhere. Cost will trump safety every time regardless of what your airline tells you.
I agree.

Thinking that this only happens because it was Russian is a mistake. I don't think anyone that says the chance may be greater in a place like Russia is wrong, but no matter who you're flying with you're never invincible.

Manked is offline   Reply With Quote