View Single Post
Old
09-08-2012, 02:11 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Finally an update on McIlrath. The Rangers treat injuries like they are matters of national security. The Rangers wouldn't give a timetable. I read a quote by Gernander about McIlrath and Gernander wouldn't give an update.

Quote:
The 2010 NHL 10th overall pick injured his knee during spring camp with the New York Rangers, but McIlrath says rehab has been going good so far, "That was a bit of a speed bump, but I've just been trying to recover and get my rehab going and just looking forward to whenever camp starts.

"I won't be ready (for camp), but around that time I'll get the go ahead to start skating, so I'm looking forward to it."

Dealing with the injury has been something new for the big defenceman. McIlrath says he feels he's become more mentally tough because of it, "No one wants to get injured, but when you do, you've just got to take it with a positive attitude and try to get back playing as soon as possible."
http://www.discovermoosejaw.com/inde...395&Itemid=651

McIlrath will begin skating in about 2 weeks. He had the surgery on July 6. 10 week recovery time. Even if Rangers camp doesn't start on the 21st,Dylan will be skating at the Whale camp which will start a few days later. The Whale seasons begins on October 12.

There is an audio clip with McIlrath on the bottom of the page.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote