View Single Post
Old
09-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Protest the Hero

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrizzleFry22 View Post
I did but just got a new computer and decided to stick with the virus that is Windows for awhile. I tried to run Wubi but for some reason it wont work and dont want to partition by myself because it is a hybrid laptop.

For everyone else

I have McAfee pre installed and it is about to run out. I used to just go Free Trial to free trial but figure I might as well buy one now.

I am looking at McAfee (since it is already installed and I like it) or BitDefender any suggestions ? From the little research I have done BitDefender seems to be more effective but I don't know much about it.
I really don't think there's any reason to pay for security software. AntiVirus software won't stop them from installing, and viruses usually just hide from, or disable your software once it's on there.

I think the most important part is AdWare and Spyware removal programs, and making sure you pay attention to whatever you're downloading of course.

I'd just download Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free, it's from Microsoft, and it's well reviewed.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote