View Single Post
Old
09-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Velociraptor

vCash: 500
Second Lines:

I think the Castors' second line is a very strong offensive threat. Craig Janney, probably the most one-dimensional player in the draft, but easily one of the best playmaking centres of his era and in this draft, is flanked by two able goal scorers. Keith Crowder, a mean, physical winger that scored 23 or more goals in six separate seasons and Morris Lukowich who was a Ftorek-equivalent IMO, small, gritty and quick, who tallied over 30 goals in four different seasons. I see absolutely no condition that this line cannot succeed, and I think may be one of the best second lines in the draft. A high-octane offensive line with physicality and two-way ability.

Anton was bigger than Marian, but he was just as soft. A guy who could set up plays and also score goals, he'll do fine aside Cliff Ronning, who I view as a poor man's Craig Janney. Ronning also seemed to be fairly soft, but was able to excel offensively over a long period of time. Willi Plett was a physical presence, but he is a lot like Eric Vail to me, minus the fact Vail was much more non-chalant and didn't often engage in fights. How effective was Plett physically? He was a tough customer that didn't hesitate to drop the gloves, but he seems like a serious candidate to hurt his team via stupid, arbitrary penalties, and I think that is what he was rather than a defensive forward.

Moderate Advantage: Sherbrooke I believe that the Castors' second line is a much bigger threat than the Mariners' unit. Janney and Crowder also have played with each other in the past, and on the power play. I think Ronning-Stastny is a good pair that could work, but I also question Ronning getting opportunities against the Castors' defensive forwards and physical players.

Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote