Thread: Proposal: Tor-SJ
View Single Post
Old
09-08-2012, 09:46 PM
seanlinden

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Year after year disappointments? This year definitely, but 10-11, they lost to the Canucks who were the better team. 09-10 they lost to the Blackhawks, who were the better team.
Losing to a better team isn't really a disappointment.
For a team that's been as good as the Sharks have been, there should be no excuse to "losing to the better team". Anything less than the best should be considered failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattb124 View Post
Brad Stuart is a top 4 d-man.

I am not sure you do. The Sharks were 8th in the league last year in goals against. If the PK wasn't vying for league worst, they likely would have been ranked slightly better. The bottom line is SJ is a good defensive team. Offense-wise they were mid-pack (13th). The system is focused on defense and possession, not offense per se.
Forgot that they picked up Stuart.

SJ is a good defensive team, by being dominant with the puck. They've done it for years with pretty mediocre blue liners. Obviously though, it's not working well enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Kulemin + Kadri is a good start. Those two would have to be included for me to think about moving Pavs. I'm not sure what would be added to that.
Kulemin is overvalued in Toronto. A better choice to pursue would be MacArthur. He's been better offensively, and a much easier trade for the Leafs.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote