View Single Post
Old
09-08-2012, 11:25 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Sokil, any idea if any of the players on the list who've never represented anyone internationally will ever play for the Ukrainian national team? The guys I'm mostly referring to are Sergei Gaiduchenko and Denis Bayev, as well as guys who haven't played for Ukraine in a long time like Razin or Andrushenko. I know Ukraine is pushing hockey now and trying to improve the team, but are they having any luck with these guys? I won't even bother with Fedotenko, Ponikarovsky or Babchuk...

Also, do you think Andrei Mikhnov will ever make his way back to the KHL? I know he's struggled with injuries, but I always thought he'd be able to find a steady job due to his size.
With Gaiduchenko, I think it's a possibility that he's "bad enough" to make the team. That is, he's been holding off the FHU's advances in hopes of competing for Russia on the world stage, but the odds of him ever making a team are looking slim. Maybe he'll give up and decide to cave and just be happy playing at all?

No clue about Andrushenko, but don't Razin/Bayev/etc fall under those who are staying away so they don't get the 'import' label? With guys like these, I guess we can only hope Donbass signs them, or maybe Berkut (if they join the KHL) and that fear of job security isn't as big a factor.

Sokil is offline   Reply With Quote