Thread: Value of: Tim Thomas
View Single Post
Old
09-09-2012, 11:11 AM
nhlfan9191

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
This is the part I don't understand. If Thomas wanted to play somewhere else why wouldn't he just tell the B's that, and they could trade him? Occam's Razor. The simplest solution is the most likely. IF a guy wants to go somewhere else, he just says it. Taking a year out kills the chance that he goes somewhere else.

Oh, but you see Thomas was afraid the B's would ship him to Edmonton and that's why he is taking the year off, at least that's the other theory. If that was case he could tell the B's, I want to be traded, I don't want to go to Edmonton though, can you see if there's someone else who wants me. If the B's say, "No sorry" then he can wait until the trade is done and just fail to report. Same exact situation as now: he gets suspended without pay.

If Thomas WANTS to play in the NHL this year, the worst thing he could have done is what he is doing. Makes no sense to me.
Why would Boston trade Thomas somewhere he doesn't want to go? He won them a Stanley Cup and you think their going to screw him over and send him to Edmonton?

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote