Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: Marchand Extends with Boston [4 years, $4,500,000/year]
View Single Post
Old
09-09-2012, 12:18 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
IMO, fair deal based on that market these days, there was no chance he was going to take less than 4 million, so 4.5 seems about right.

I do find it amusing though thinking back on some Bruins fans saying Chiarelli was such an amazing GM that he would be able to get a guy like Seguin to take less money on a bridge-type deal of 2-3 years.

There's zero chance he takes less than 5.5 million and 5 years IMO, since it would be stupid for the Bruins to sign him to a 4 year deal and buy no UFA years in the process.

JMO though. That being said, signing Seguin to a 6/36 year deal wouldn't be overpaying IMO, simply the market for RFAs with elite potential.
What I could see happening with seguin is a 2 years 5 millions prove it deal, and in the second year of his deal he will get extended for 6-7 years at 6.5 plus provided he does prove it

I know he's great, they know he's great, he knows he's great. But he has to prove it

The Bruins have built a culture of winning and players want to be here, PC will have more leverage in the deal than some think. Everyone was surprised with Rask's latest deal, I suspect to see something very similar

KnightofBoston is online now   Reply With Quote