View Single Post
Old
05-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Blades 0f Steel

vCash: 500
Well first off, I don't believe Gainey could stomach another year of Ribs. I just can't see it happening, no matter how low his stock may be. Traded.

Second, I'd much rather see Zednik go than Bulis. Post season aside, Bulis has been able to elevate his game this year on many more occasions. Zednik can't kill penalties or play center. That said, Bulis won't be re-signed and Zednik probably won't be traded (maybe after training camp).

Third, if we're talking about giving ice time to rookies we're talking Kostitsyn and Lapierre. They're both special players and most definitely won't be passed on for a younger Chipchura or Ferland.

Fourth, Latendresse is an enigma. None of you can say whether he will or won't make it. It's entirely up to his work ethic. If he comes to camp with a new attitude and looks ready to play in the NHL, he might crack the lineup. Remember, last year he was fighting Plekanec, Higgins, Perezhogin, Hossa etc. for a spot as an offensive forward(players a few years older than imself). The Canadiens management wanted to see the others crack the NHL first.

Fifth, Gainey will try to land a bigger 2nd line forward. There's no doubt about it.

Sixth, what's with everyone hating our leading goalscorer? Some of you guys even left him off your rosters.

Seventh, as much as most of you try to wish Bonk away, it's not going to happen. He was great defensively for us against Carolina, and wasn't nearly as awful offensively as some of you suggest.

Higgins Koivu Ryder
Kostitsyn ??? Kovalev
Perezhogin Plekanec Zednik/Lapierre
Begin Bonk Murray/Downey

Markov Komisarek
Souray Rivet
Emelin Dandenault
Bouillion

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote