Sore Loser
HF Partner

vCash: 500
Forward
Brandon Dubinsky
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 210
How Acquired: Trade with New York Rangers (see above), July 23rd, 2012

Analysis: Brandon Dubinsky comes to the Jackets as another player seeking a fresh start. After going to the Rangers 60th overall in the 2004 draft, Dubinsky has gone on to establish himself as one of the top two-way forwards in the league. After a 40 point rookie campaign, Dubinsky would improve his point totals in each of the next three seasons, culminating in a 24 goal, 54 point, 100 PIM season in 2010-11, before seeing his production drop to 34 points last year. The former Portland Winterhawk has continued to improve as a leader on and off the ice however, and made a name for himself as one of the premier penalty killing forwards in the Eastern Conference. Dubinsky is a heart and soul type player, while he isn't capable of changing the game single-handedly, he is a guy with all of the tools to help his team in any situation; be it a big hit, goal, blocked shot, or even dropping the gloves. Every team loves having this guy around, and every other team hates to play against him.

Pros: Tenacious, hard to play against, plays all forward positions, powerplay/penalty kill, leader type player
Cons: Not a high level scorer, will he be able to transition into such a large role?

Realistic Expectations: I know Brandon Dubinsky very well, as I used to seriously hate seeing his Portland Winterhawks come to town and walk all over our smallish Spokane Chiefs ... That being said, I had the fortune of meeting Brandon, and he is a quality guy that loves to compete and wants to win. He will immediately be a fan favorite in Columbus because of his lunch pail attitude, and I expect him to have an excellent career with the Jackets. He will remind a lot of you of Tyler Wright, because he does everything you expect from a professional athlete, both on the ice and off. He is a higher skilled guy than he gets credit for. I expect him to step right in and be one of the leaders of our resurgence - if he stays healthy, he's a 50-60 point player that will play 20+ minutes a night, and play in every situation.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote