View Single Post
Old
09-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Dreakmur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1958 View Post
Like I wrote pontificating plus juggling. Using adjusted numbers when it favours you then switching to raw when it favours you. Lalonde's adjusted numbers to a full season yields app. a 38 to 28 pt advantage compared to Donald Smith. Your boy looks even worse. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Leading the team in PPG is not the same as leading the team in scoring.

Yeah, "my boy" getting outscored by hack like News Lalonde sure makes him look bad.

Quote:
Issue is criteria and accomplishments. In the 2012 ATD you picked Roger Crozier as a back-up to Martin Brodeur. Slightly longer career than Quick, both have a Conn Smythe, Quick as a winner. Yet Paddy Moran was available. Whence the sudden Paddy Moran epiphany? The same data was available about Moran at that time. No resurrection in the interim. You are just promoting what you have. .
With the benefit of hindsight, Roger Crozier was not a great pick when I made the selection. With Brodeur, I honestly wasn't worried about doing any research for my back-up. Having said that, Roger Crozier's career is over twice as long as Quick's.

At the start of this draft, TDMM and I threw together a few lists. We had our "best" list as well as a "needs a good bio" list. Paddy Moran was on the "needs a good bio" list, and he also came up as a maybe for the "best" list. I decided to take a look through the newspaper archives, and both TDMM and I were completely blown away by what we were able to find.

You are correct that the info was available, but nobody, including myself, ever took the time to compile it. Nobody knew how good the guy was. Now that the information has been assemled into a reasonably good bio, his stock has justifiably risen significantly.

Dreakmur is offline   Reply With Quote