View Single Post
Old
09-10-2012, 02:27 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
But they are not back yet, and however you like to discount it losing Moore, Winnick, Winchester, Mitchell is a significant loss. Stuart helps a lot, Burish is a 4th liner, big deal.

Yes Havlat being healthy helps, but that's a presumption that he will be healthy (all season). Wingels, Galiardi, Zeus having better seasons is nowhere near guaranteed. We'll be lucky if one of those guys has a great season.

I'm simply saying, on paper, right now, this team is worse (slightly). I still doubt we go into the season with this roster, but if we do, discounting intangibles which are unpredictable (coaching for one) the roster is weaker, and thinner.
I'm not high on the roster, but come on, of that list the only one I miss is Winnik, and Burish is a very similar player. Moore is a good player, but he was absolute crap with the Sharks, Mitchell isa 4th liner, Winchester is a 4th liner. Personally I think the team is slightly better than the team they ended the season. Dumped some deadweight in Mitchell and Wincester, lost a guy who wasn't a difference maker in Moore, made a lateral move from Winnik to Burish, and added a #4 defenseman in Stuart. Plus, Galiardi will be healthy, and guys like Couture, Clowe, Burns, and Pavelski will have a nice long off-season to recover from nagging injuries.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote