View Single Post
Old
09-10-2012, 06:08 AM
NWShark*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
But they are not back yet, and however you like to discount it losing Moore, Winnick, Winchester, Mitchell is a significant loss. Stuart helps a lot, Burish is a 4th liner, big deal.

Yes Havlat being healthy helps, but that's a presumption that he will be healthy (all season). Wingels, Galiardi, Zeus having better seasons is nowhere near guaranteed. We'll be lucky if one of those guys has a great season.

I'm simply saying, on paper, right now, this team is worse (slightly). I still doubt we go into the season with this roster, but if we do, discounting intangibles which are unpredictable (coaching for one) the roster is weaker, and thinner.
As has been said repeatedly here Burish has not been playing 4th line minutes the last 2 years he's been playing 3rd line minutes. He will be a 3rd liner on this team unless someone else performs above their expected position.

Havlat was healthy the 3 previous years before this last one. No reason to think that wasn't anything more than a freak injury.

Zeus has a long history of excellent 3rd line play. One crappy season while being injured does not change his entire career of what he's capable of.

The roster is no weaker than it was last season. In fact it's significantly stronger on the D side. That is a simple reality.

The one thing we can agree on is that I don't believe DW is done. We'll just have to see what else hapens after the CBA is settled.

I mean seriously... Moore, Winnick, Winchester, Mitchell.. that's your list of difference makers? You're kidding right? You can pretty much replace all of them with AHLers and not see a difference.

NWShark* is offline   Reply With Quote