View Single Post
Old
09-10-2012, 08:22 AM
utmfisher19

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
This is where it gets so confusing for me. If I'm here, I can watch on fox sports on my tv....so center ice blackout doesn't matter---- but if I am out of town and the game in nashville isn't on center ice ---where does the computer think I am? Does it pick up the network that you're hooked up to wifi on and go "oh, this computer isn't in Nashville" so you can see the game? That's kind of what it sounds like from what you're saying.

I just remember people complaining about having nhl gamecenter and then not being able to see the games.

So is the IP address also the geographic location of the computer (for some reason I thought it was more like an id code of the machine).

Anyway, I'm just trying to decide if I want to pick up nhl gamecenter specifically for long periods of time out of town when I want to see Preds games and am not in this area. And if it matters where I am physically with the computer when I initially sign up for it.
Since the person above my tackled the IP question, I'll help with the rest.

Personally... it is for me. I mean I love Center Ice and all, but with Gamecenter, personally (doesn't mean other people have had the same experience), I've never had any issues. I get the games streamed live (in HD) via my PS3 to my tv. Or if you don't have xbox360 or ps3, you can stream it to your computer and buy a HDMI cord to transfer the screen to your tv.

Why it is for me:
1.) I watch it on my phone a lot.
2.) With Center Ice you have to record games to your DVR in order to watch it if you have missed it live. With Gamecenter, I can go back 3 years and watch archived games anytime from anywhere. To give an example, I went back and watched the Braves game vs the Phillies from September 2nd on MLB.tv (MLB's version of NHL Gamecenter Live) just last night. That was the first time I've seen the game. Without the MLB.tv, I would have never seen the game.
3.) I have DirecTv and I don't currently have a box in my bedroom. So instead of having to watch the games in my living room, I can get in my bed and watch the games on my laptop or hook my laptop up to my bedroom tv and watch it there.
4.) I like to keep up with my fantasy hockey team and GameCenter live gives you an option to give you alerts if anyone on your team has done anything of significance in the game.
5.) I pretty much always watch 2 games at once. Which you can't do with Center Ice.
6.) I travel 1 to 2 times a month and love to be able to watch the games while away without having to find a bar with the Center Ice package.

Now these are just my opinions, but that is why GameCenter is for me. If you fall under any of these categories, I'd say you should consider it as well.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote