View Single Post
Old
09-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Mr Writer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by espo View Post
Usually we have the most pressure on us but for once this time i'm not so sure, Russia has a lot to make up for considering it's at home and right on the heels of that last disaster in Vancouver.

They will get every break possible needed to win being the home team like all home teams do but that doesn't assure victory at all.

Can they handle that albatross hanging round their neck? It's put up or shut up time. Anything less then gold for them is a massive failure.

Silver just won't cut it.
I hear ya on that. This is the first Olympics since the pros got involved where I feel absolutely no angst. My expectation is to play in the gold medal game... which is always my expectation and from there we'll win our fair share of tournaments..with the team Canada can put together that should be our expectation always..but if we come up a little short in Sochi, I'll finish off my beer and then get on with life...no big deal.

It's gold or bust for the Russians in Sochi...I think the odds are stacked against them big time, and other than home ice advantage, I'm not sure they have any other.