View Single Post
Old
09-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Canadiens1958

vCash: 500
Hhof

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
I thought this was an interesting point to make, considering C1958's position on the HHOF committee is usually that they can do no wrong.

Having a 40+ point season does not perpetually make a player a "40 point defenseman". Spikes happen, often directly correllated to spikes in PP usage.

Same with having a 30+ goal season. Ten of your forwards did it at laest once - how many did it at least twice? How many did it three times?

I'm really surprised that you tout your team's offensive depth and balance when its pop gun offense is probably the easiest thing to criticize about it.

Good is good. I agree. But you still have to translate that to on-ice accomplishments. For example, all things equal, if two players were just as "good" in real terms, but one did it for 4 years and the other did it for 12 years (without ever exceeding the peak level of play of the four year player) then obviously you go with the guy with longevity, and you don't think twice.

Don't pretend it doesn't matter. Establishing a track record proves that your performances are repeatable and consistent. That goes a long way over an ATD season.
Many HHOF inductees at the MLD level. Does not mean they do not deserve HHOF honours.Also the chronological order of induction is irrelevent. There is no template.

Pop gun offense? Care to back it up with numbers.

Good. Ah the old abstract /hypothetical. Step up with something concrete.

Canadiens1958 is offline   Reply With Quote