View Single Post
Old
05-03-2006, 11:41 PM
PantherBlood6*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog
Despite some nice moments, towards the end of the season he seemed out of sorts and much of the time was not an asset on the ice. (This was much more apparent when watching the game in person than on TV.) I am not surprised to hear that the back has been bothering him. I hope for his sake (and his family's) he retires before it gets worse. I think he's earned a bit of rest on those laurels of his.
....i'm a season ticket holder and i have no clue what you're talking about. he finished the season awfully strong. 15 points in 9 games in the month of april with 7 of those being goals.

i don't buy this for a minute. i thought towards the trade deadline that nieuwy may retire and we may be better off dealing him - but he convinced me with his speech after the last game of the season. he gave every indication he would be back and he doesn't strike me as the type to lead a fanbase on one way then turn his back on them.

garrioch is an idiot - he constantly throws crap up against the wall and hopes it sticks. he's probably going off those retirement rumors earlier on this season when joe was having back problems and was forced to sit out for 10 games or so. maybe he does have some inside source on this one, but i am skeptical since i havent heard a thing from the local media or any other canadian outlet (joe nieuwendyk possibly retiring would be big news - especially in toronto).

hope for our sake it is not true...i really wouldn't be surprised either way, though.

PantherBlood6* is offline   Reply With Quote