View Single Post
Old
09-10-2012, 01:27 PM
nickschultzfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
We have a slew of solid 2nd/3rd line wingers like Bussieres. He really doesn't do anything for me. We don't have a ton of good defense prospects and I just...I don't know. It just a feeling I have that we could have a more rounded prospect group if we had picked up another solid defenseman in the 2nd round.
Well, that's what 2nd rounder forwards are. Skilled, top-6 or bust guys or 2nd/3rd liners with enough skill and physical upside to possibly put it all together and be top-6 power forward.

I get that your general argument is that we need a Dman over a forward, but we've drafted Brodin, Dumba, Seeler, Draeger, and Gunnarsson in the last 2 years. That's a fantastic group of Dmen to draft. Two bluechippers, and then 3 guys will great upsides.

In comparison, we've drafted Phillips, Lucia, Gilmour, Graovac, Bertschy, and Nanne for forwards in the last 2 season. That's very average. Only two legit top-6ers, and both of those guys have question marks.

I would argue that Bussieres was a very needed pick. If he turns into Andrew Ladd 2.0, that will be a great pick.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote