View Single Post
Old
09-10-2012, 01:33 PM
legendinblue
NHL in Seattle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Wow, so nobody knows about Gudbranson at all? It really does seem like he's fallen into a bit of a black hole down in Florida...
He was what you'd expect from a 19 yo Dman (turned 20 in January) - inconsistent. He showed flashes though. He was physical, got into fights, I believe he averaged about 14 minutes of TOI, the least of all Dmen on the team. Definitely showed he's capable of being an NHL player though.

The surgery he's about to undergo is very unfortunate for his development. I'm not sure how was his offseason training, but at the end of the season he was talking about bulking up. If he's indeed worked on that and gained some muscle, it might take awhile for him to recover especially if he isn't used to his new body frame yet.

I think the same question remains with Erik and that is whether he can get offense going. If not, and that is the worst case scenario, he will be a very good, physical shutdown Dman. Admittedly though, it would be a disappointment for a 3rd overall selection.

legendinblue is offline   Reply With Quote