Thread: Prospect Info: Edmonton's young blueliners.
View Single Post
Old
09-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
I love Teubert and Plante but the clock is ticking. Musil is a wild card and time will tell. Marincin, maybe those who have seen in play live could fill me in, but I got the impression he suffered a harsh learning curb last year with the baby oilers. With Klefbom there were some talking heads that put him a head of Ryan Murrey for being a better prospect. Schultz has obviously been beaten to death on this site and we can only pray the hype leads to success
Maybe for Plante it's getting to crunch time but Teubert is the same age as Eberle, no? It's too early to tell, especially because D men take longer. He's got a lot of the tools - good skater, heavy shot, plays physical.

edit: Here's my hedged predictions...

Schultz - #2 dman scoring 45-60 pts a season, #1 PP QB
Klefa - #2 2 way dman, #1 PKer (I dream of the Klefbom - Schultz inevitable pairing, with no genuine #1 dman and two above par [albeit for different reasons] #2 dmen)
Marincin - 2cnd pairing, 2cnd PP
Teubert - bottom pairing, shutdown style dman
Plante - likely a tweener as the first call up
Musil - bottom pairing tweener who can move up to the second pairing, good skating shutdown dman (like n schultz but bigger and more physical)
Gernat - 2cnd pairing, 2cnd PP unit, paired up with countryman Marincin
Fedun - probably an AHLer but can be called up to replace an offensive dman who goes down with an injury
Peckham - likely looking at his make or break year, has to prove he can play in the show, but is probably at best a bottom pairing dman who handles a decent amount of PK duty

Last edited by Groucho: 09-10-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote