View Single Post
Old
05-04-2006, 12:48 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
I cant see NJ letting Elias go to another team.

I really like Willie Mitchell. He's the kind of guy that can play against the other team's best players and get under their skin while playing large minutes.

But then you look at the habs D and I try to wonder where we can insert him.

Our top 6 is markov, souray, rivet, dandy, bouillon, komisarek.

I really dont want to lose any of these guys.

Markov should be untouchable.

Dandeneault and Bouillon always step up when the chips are down.

Komisarek is a young guy who is rugged and no fun to battle along the boards against.

Souray and Rivet make up a big part of the heart and soul of our D. When they talk, the team listens.

So unless there is a trade brewing, I dont see any of your D changing.
See that`s the problem with Rivet and Sourey being the heart and soul of our D. They`re the model for what we are and that`s why we always struggle in our zone. I would rather we try getting Gauthier for left D to replace Sourey because at least he brings something, grit. And then try aquiring Dan Boyle a right defenseman with a lot of offensive skills replacing Rivet considering Tampa needs a goalie and Aebischer is still highly rated. Make them a great offer for Boyle and at the same time they would have the cap space to re-sign Richards.

Also they should give Bouillon more ice-time on the power play. He got skills and impressed me a lot in that department in the playoffs.