View Single Post
Old
09-10-2012, 02:48 PM
fanofdo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
Better balance and easier to structure a game plan with this roster than last year IMO. I think this team surprises people as well and that could be good or bad. The bad obviously being that management might opt not to sell its valuable offsets for a playoff run and lose them for nothing next year. Tough decisions will lie ahead for sure but this team, as of right now, should be very competitive
Good post - this team definitely has some positives and will put on a good show many nights.

I stand by my original prediction that they will be fighting for a playoff spot - not because they don't have talent but there really aren't any dogs in the division this year, with most teams improving over last year. Having said that, goal tending will be the key. I think this team lacks size and toughness - especially on defence. Murphy will see a ton of minutes this year - he gets hurt we are in big trouble. Nathan C will be missed, this team needs at least another shutdown D that can break the cycle.

While I love the puch handling skills of this team, it isn't built for a playoff run - can't see them getting past the first round if they do make it. I said it in an earlier post, I would like to see this team with Kujo and a few of the other picks we blew to go into this season.

Dean, you have hit the nail on the head - huge decision to make this year.