View Single Post
Old
09-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Tormentor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayCraven24 View Post
I will be staying in Helsinki and I will be taking the train to the games. Except for the Rauma game which I have to take the bus.
I have to say that I wouldn't recommend a travel plan like this. You’ll be spending a lot of time on the road and there’s not that much room for error.

Back and forth trip between Helsinki and Rauma takes 8 to 9 hours by bus. The game in Rauma ends at approximately 20:45, the last two buses to Helsinki leave at 22:00 and 22:10. The first option takes 4 hours and you’ll have to change the bus on the fly in Huittinen. The second option takes 4 hours and 35 minutes, and you’ll have 15 minutes to change the bus in Turku.

Taking a train from Jyväskylä to Helsinki is easier and far more comfortable, but you have to remember that the last train to Helsinki leaves at 21:33, that’s approximately 45 minutes after the match ends and you’ll have one and a half miles to walk between the Arena and the travel centre. Remember that getting a taxi quickly during Friday night isn’t always the easiest thing to do.

... And like Jussi mentioned, first row seats often aren't that great in Finland. Definitely not exquisite like in the NHL, sometimes quite the opposite.

Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote