View Single Post
Old
09-10-2012, 03:23 PM
hctopcheds11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHWR View Post
This is what I was upset about earlier. How did we deal away Staal and Michalek and not address our two vacant winger spots in the top 6? Yeah...I'm including Dupuis in there and that's me being a jerk. He's a great player but you don't put wooden tires on a sports car. I'm cool with Dupuis as a fill-in for an injury or if DB wants to mix things up for a bit, but penciling him in to the top line going into training camp stinks.

But don't worry...we have a million great defensive prospects in the pipeline. Holy lord, trade some of these guys now for insta-help. I don't want to be the team that has the best depth at prospect defensemen. I want to win in the playoffs. It's like a god damn episode of Hoarders. Pick one or two of the defensive prospects you can't live without and make it known the rest are available.

Sorry that I'm crotchety...blame the looming lockout.
Great Post.

Rarely have I gotten frustrated with Shero but this offseason upset me. I don't blame Shero for not being able to get Parise, obviously, he didn't want to play here.

What upsets me, is the lack of a backup plan. You'd think after Hossa burned us, that he would have been more prepared this time around. We had the cap space and we have some nice assets (prospect wise). Even on the backend, we are a lesser team than last year. After Suter made it clear that he didn't want to play for us (essentially right away), we didn't seem to go to any back up options.

With Sutter as the 3LC, I don't think we will lose a ton... however, that was supposed to be gained and the team was supposed to be better by adding for the 1st time in his career, a long term winger for Sid. Not a complementary type (like a Kunitz or Dupuis) but a guy who can hold on to the puck, snipe or playmake and generally think the game as a go to option for a superstar center.

As far as trading the defensive prospects, it's gotten to a point where we literally have to start moving some of them. And to me, for the right winger, any of them should be available (even Morrow/Despres). This is a league where you have to be over agressive to get high end talent and unless they are can't miss prospects (which I personally don't think we have any of in our system), they should be available for the right deal.

hctopcheds11 is offline   Reply With Quote