View Single Post
Old
09-10-2012, 03:41 PM
hctopcheds11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
We will go into this season with a better team than we went into last season with. We will need to make some moves to get to where we want to be for the playoffs, but I think Shero was either going to go really big with Parise/Suter or play it safe due to the CBA questions. If the cap goes down we will be sitting pretty. If it doesn't, we will still be one of the top teams in the east.

As far as not filling out the top 6 with guys, I don't know how any of you expected that to happen immediately after moving Staal. It is unreasonable to think we can completely redesign the team in one off-season.
How is adding a top 6 winger "completely re-designing the team"? I love Shero but he's not exempt of criticism.

And I don't see how we are a better team going into this season than we were last year... unless you were expecting Sid to never come back in play. We essentially lost Staal and Michalek and gained Sutter, a 4th liner in Glass (and we are hoping that Despres can fill in for Michalek). Anyway you slice I don't see how this is a "better" team than the one that started last year."

hctopcheds11 is offline   Reply With Quote