View Single Post
Old
09-10-2012, 04:35 PM
overpass

vCash: 500
I just want to emphasize one strength of the Hornets, and maybe their defining strength: rock-solid physical defensive defencemen.

Lee Fogolin, Sylvain Lefebvre, and Jason Smith were all 100% reliable, tough defenders who played a lot of shifts against the other team's stars. I have no idea which two Crisp would pick to kill a penalty, but it's hard to go wrong with any combination of the three. Manson was a bit more of a risk-taker, but brought an intimidating physical presence and played top-pairing minutes for much of his career. I don't have as many details on Wilson and Halderson's defensive games, but Halderson at least was an imposing physical presence, and physical play was a basic part of the job description for a defender of the 1920s and 1930s. Chicago has several forwards who can create offence in the offensive zone, but they won't have an easy time of it against this group.

Wilson and Halderson should be able to put their rushing ability to good use when playing with the first or second lines. Shuvalov's ability to hang back and cover is documented, and Golonka's smarts and tactical acumen will allow him to work with a rushing blueliner.

overpass is offline   Reply With Quote