View Single Post
Old
09-10-2012, 04:44 PM
hctopcheds11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
Shero wanted to make the cap space for Parise; that is very clear. I don't think its unreasonable to think Shero just isn't interested in any of the low cost wingers they would potentially have available.

No we couldn't. We do not have expendable, young NHL experienced forwards that Columbus flat out said they required. We don't have a spare number 2 center to get Ryan which they also flat out said they required. And I don't see how Ott or Foligno are relevant since neither is a better top 6 option than what we already have. Ribiero wasn't going to help us.

I agree with this one. Strange situation.
Obviously, the package would have to be set up a bit differently but asset wise, I don't see how we couldn't compete with that package. Again, we are focusing in on one team when I'm just using it as an example. There are other top 6 options out there and value wise, I think we could've matched the Nash deal.

And how wouldn't a guy like Foligno benefit us? A young 24 year old winger with playmaking abilities who is a pain in the ass to play against. He's starting to put it all together and IMO, will be a 50 point winger for most of his career. That would be great for this team to have, especailly considering Method was dealt for him.

Last edited by hctopcheds11: 09-10-2012 at 04:51 PM.
hctopcheds11 is offline   Reply With Quote