View Single Post
Old
09-10-2012, 05:06 PM
tony d
Giant Doctor

vCash: 500
Yeah, I do like your group of defensemen. For a few seasons Jason Smith was one of the best pure defensive defensemen in the NHL. As I said I've always liked Lefebvre. Fogolin was good as well.

Now time to compare the goalies and coaches:

Goalies:

My goaltending pair of Ryan Miller and Gerry Mcneil are 2 good goalies, maybe they won't steal many games for me but I expect them to do quite well. Miller's been 1 of the top 10 goalies in the league since the lockout, Gerry Mcneil also had a pretty good career as Montreal's goalie.

Pete Peeters was my 2nd ever pick in the MLD (2010). He's one of the more under-appreciated goalies of all-time if you ask me. The numbers he put up during the run and gun 80's where pretty good. Felix Potvin can steal you a series, the guy played some great hockey for Toronto in the mid 90's and he did good for L.A. in 2001. That said he had a short peak. He's fine as a MLD backup.

The goaltending battle is almost to close to call between our teams, I think Peeters is a little better than Miller but Mcneil is better than Potvin, should be a great goalie battle here.

Coaching:

Marc Crawford is a coach I've always liked dating back to his days here in Newfoundland coaching the then Baby Leafs. The guy had good NHL success in Colorado and Vancouver, hoping he gets another chance in the NHL. He's a bit testy on times but sometimes that's good for a team.

Terry Crisp was always a good player and a decent coach, not sure if he should be a coach at this level but given the talent on your team he should be fine.

The coaches are both guys that won't help or hurt their clubs so this series won't be won on the coaching.

Final Thoughts:

This is going to a close series, both teams have equal talent, there's no glaring weakness on the Hornets, while I expect my team to win, it'll be a close match, best of luck to the Hornets here.

I look forward to a future rebuttal from overpass.