View Single Post
Old
09-10-2012, 06:48 PM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

vCash: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivek View Post
Honestly I'm not quite sure how the AHL will handle players being beyond their elc in regards to be eligible for the AHL this time around. It may depend on if their contracts are 2-way or not I suppose.

Anyways, players on the 25 who would likely play in WBS would be

Forwards
Bennett
Tangradi
Uher
Kuhnhackl
Veilleux

Defensemen
Morrow
Despres
Dumoulin

Bortuzzo
Strait
though not listed, I think Alex Grant has a decent chance at becoming a 6th defenseman with some offensive upside

Goalies
Zatkoff who will split time Thiessen, a prospect of similar quality, both more than likely topping out at back-up at the NHL level
I don't want the NHL to lockout but if it does, I would definitely love to watch those four in some AHL games (because if there is no lockout, I won't be watching the AHL). I figured Despres and Bennett for sure. Probably Dumoulin because it's been 2 years since he's been drafted, right? But Morrow is probably the Penguins most intriguing prospect. I never watched anything but highlights of him but everything I've read and seen, makes me think there's a lot to look forward to. I'm still surprised of the chemistry of Morrow and Pouliot. Aren't they both primarily offensive defensemen?

D U M B A is offline   Reply With Quote