View Single Post
Old
09-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Drizzt1

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=RockLobster;54224289]So...a member of H0ckeyy 1nsiderr's "Rumor Dream Team" has written a rumor blog about the Sabres being interested in Stastny, even saying that the Avs have interest in Ennis/Vanek, but that the Sabres would be more willing to part with Ennis/Stafford, and that we could also be after Sekera...

If we are trading Stazz to the The Sabres, I'd say they'd want to keep Vanek to play with him.

We most CERTAINLY do not need another short-arse center in Tyler Ennis to replace Stazz, because we already have Olver, Sgarbossa and Hishon that could potentially fill that role.

We need a player like Erhoff on our team at defence, but there is no way in God's Green Earth Sherman touches a contract like that - especially with what's going on with the current EBA.

Therefore, the one and only player I'd have interest in on The Sabres at present would be Tyler Myers, and honestly, that is something I might contemplate. We'd of coarse need to send a defensemen their way as well, as we'd have too many roster spots filled.

Ideally, that defensemen would be Jan Hejda - big body to replace big body. Therefore the trade is:-

Paul Stastny + Jan Hejda for Tyler Myers and a 2nd rounder maybe. Ave go:-

Tyler Myers - Erik Johnson
Shane O'Brien - Stefan Elliott
Ryan O'Byrne - Ryan Wilson

Semyon Varlamov
J S Giguere

Also, you watch Stazz get 85-100 points between Vanek & Pominville.

This would also mean Sgarbossa, Connolly, Hishon or Olver would need to step up if / when the season starts. Alternatively, we could take maybe Ennis in place of the second, but I think there is no way in Haydee Buffalo get sucker punched into that, so our offense is something like:-

Landeskog - O'Reilly - Downie
Parenteau - Duchene - Jones
Mcginn - Sgarbossa - Hejduk
Mcleod - Mitchell - Kobasew

But that DOES look very, very thin skill and balance wise to be honest. Then again, because we'd have lost 4.35 mill in the trade, I'd make a huge play at Shane Doan, who's experience and leadership would really assist our young guys. Then our offense/team would be would be (if I was selecting):

Jamie Mcginn - Shane Doan - David Jones
Gabriel Landeskog - Ryan O'Reilly - Steve Downie
P A Parenteau - Matt Duchene - Milan Hejduk
Cody Mcleod - John Mitchell - Brad Malone (we could carry a rookie with Doan)

Tyler Myers - Erik Johnson
Shane O'Brien - Stefan Elliott
Ryan O'Byrne - Ryan Wilson

Semyon Varlamov
J S Giguere

I'd then waive or buyout Hunwick, Kobasew.
Our depth guys are then Hishon, Olver, Sgarbossa, Zanon