View Single Post
Old
09-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Canadiens1958

vCash: 500
Mark Streit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
My guess is that Streit had trouble adjusting to the long NHL schedule, so coaches limited his ice time at first. He already proved he could excel against NHL-level talent in short tournaments in the 2005 World Championships and 2006 Olympics.

As for his 2009 and 2010 seasons, my own opinion is that they are examples of a guy actually being underrated because his team was so bad. He plays the exact same way for a better team, he might have gotten more votes, not less. So no, I wouldn't agree that he didn't deserve to receive any All Star votes those seasons. But there is no way to prove either of us right, so I would go with what the record actually says
Smaller NHL ice surface than the international sized rink requires quicker reads and execution. The longer schedule compacted into short segments 3 games in 4 nights, 2 in 3 are a factor but not as much as the rink size and execution.

Of course we assume that all can adapt to rink size and schedule length easily. The opposite is true whether for present day players or pre O6 era players.

Canadiens1958 is offline   Reply With Quote