View Single Post
Old
09-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Boom Boom Anton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
To my understanding, the option has always been there, but Goodenow (who was the NHLPA rep the previous two lockouts) never took that route.

Fehr takes over, he's got a better understanding of labor laws, he's had experience in lockouts before, he knows all his options.
There was a MLB lockout when Fehr was the player association rep for MLB back in 1990 and that included the Toronto Blue Jays and Montreal Expos. It didn't stop it then either. I don't know anything about Canadian Labor Laws, but it seems to me that the players lawyers are just trying to interpret something in their favor to help their negotiating stance.

This seems to indicate that as well.

Quote:
[Update, 4:30 p.m.: The Edmonton Journal reported that the NHL withdrew its application and Daly would not be appearing before the Alberta Labor Relations Board, according to a board spokesperson.

"I would characterize the NHLPA's legal filings in Canada to be unfortunate distractions," Daly said in an email to The Times. "We would all be better served if they were willing to get back to the table and bargain in good faith. Apparently, they aren't prepared to do that."]

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote