View Single Post
Old
09-11-2012, 02:09 AM
harpoon
FOB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abootzky View Post
It was Jason Strudwick's first night of being the lead host of a radio show. Trust me, under those circumstances in comparison to others I've heard, it was well above average. Also encouraging was the fact that on Friday, Strudwick/Majeau's Eskimo postgame coverage was way better than it's been since Jason Gregor moved to afternoons years ago.
Fair enough. I know you have a lot more insight into the industry than I do.
Eskimo coverage isn't going to win me over since I gave up watching that two-bit league twenty years ago.
The Neidermayer interview was pretty lame as far as content goes and the filler talk wasn't great either.
Not sure Struddy has the voice/cadence (whatever you professional types call it) for the gig either, but obviously that's something that would improve with time.

Quote:
Seeing that I avoid CHED as much as possible, I'm not aware of Rob Brown hosting a show of his own. Have they expanded his role from that of hockey analyst?
Sorry ... is this thread just for guys who have their own shows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
Is that a joke? Rob Brown? What insight does that guy bring to the table..
A lot imo. Last season I thought he provided the most insightful and unbiased post game commentary available to Oiler fans.
But since you decided to fire off a snappy reply, perhaps you could let me know what Struddy brings to the table.
Nice guy and all but he's pretty much the definition of marginal NHLer.