Old
09-11-2012, 06:31 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs

#Habs Gorges believes a positive ruling from QLB would mean players would be paid and have access to Bell Centre & team facilities

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...bour-stalemate
Well, I don't know if that would really happen, but I could see it subtly helping Molson to ultimately "win championships" if he decided to be at least somewhat cooperative with the players, if they did get their ruling. I mean, it's not like the Habs are one of the teams which is driving this labour impasse in the first place. It's rich vs. poor in many respects, and the Habs are "rich". If he has to pay the players anyway, he might as well make the franchise look good by not doing anything additionally petty in terms of denying ice/facilities/etc or voicing complaints about it. Show as much class as possible to the players and let their membership see that it's a good team to work for. Most of what happens is out of his hands anyway, so there's no need to make Montreal the center of any negative attention in the labour battle, turn it into a positive as much as possible.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote