Thread: Proposal: Islanders-Kings.
View Single Post
Old
09-11-2012, 08:18 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bland View Post
And that is why I didn't include Scuderi at the end of my post. It's useless for the Kings to make any deal for a defenseman projected to play in their top-6 without including Scuderi's last year in the deal, and there is no reason for a cheap team stuck in the doldrums like the Islanders to pay him - just like it was exceedingly stupid for them to deal a quality pick for one year of Visnovsky.

The one advantage would be that he could be flipped at the deadline for quality picks or a prospect.

And I have seen plenty of Hamonic, and he is likely going to be a suspect top pairing, but good top-4 defenseman. There is a lot to like there, but even if he maxes out his potential its not as though he is a world beater. He's just a nice defenseman - and this isn't an exact style match, but the guy he keeps reminding me of is Tim Gleason, maybe with a dash of a younger Adrian Aucoin. Good player, but if that is top-pairing, you'll be rolling in top picks for years to come.
I won't try to sell you on Hamonic. It's enough that the isles and many NYI fans, think he's developing into a stud for them.

As for trading a 2nd for Vis... would it have been better to rush 21 yr old rookie Cal De Haan into a top 4 role? Or maybe 18 yr old Reinhart?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote