Old
09-11-2012, 08:54 AM
tomahawk

vCash: 500
Rocket Forward Yan-Pavel Laplante Out Until “At Least January”
September 10, 2012

By Jonathan Dunphy (@Jonathan_Dunphy)
http://thehockeyguys.net/rocket-forw...least-january/

Huge news out of P.E.I. today, as word has spread that second year forward Yan-Pavel Laplante has suffered a severe shoulder injury.

According to a source, Laplante has gone back to Quebec to decide his best course of action with regards to a recent shoulder injury.

Laplante, who is eligible for the 2013 NHL draft, tore a ligament in his shoulder while playing with Team Canada at the Ivan Hlinka Tournament in August. He reported to P.E.I. after the tournament, but left after only a couple of days.

Per the team release, Laplante will be out for the next four to six months. According to a member of the team’s medical staff I spoke to earlier “He injured it more than once at the tournament. He did some serious damage. We’re trying to persuade him to get surgery as soon as possible. He’s back home in Montreal trying to decide whether to go to the U.S. and have the surgery done there or back home in Quebec. Best case scenario is he’s back by January”.

This is a huge blow for a team that finished dead last in the QMJHL standings last season. The 17 year-old had 21 points in 57 games last season and was expected to jump up to the top line, after registering seven points in five games (five goals) at the Ivan Hlinka tournament.

With Laplante being draft eligible this year, he has a huge decision to make. He is luckier than most as he has a good support system that knows how these decisions can affect a young player and his future. His father works for an agency, so hopefully together they will be able to make the best decision for him.

How this will affect the Rocket this season, only time will tell.

tomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote