View Single Post
Old
09-11-2012, 12:02 PM
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
True, that will be an issue. But if the coaching staff can't make a powerplay with Sid, Geno, Letang, Neal and Kunitz work then there is something wrong. But it will be interesting to see. You could be right about missing him.
Honestly, this last season raised a lot of flags for me regarding the coaching staff. There was a mixture of gossip and real information that came out after the season that gave me enough of a pause to come back from the ledge, so to speak, but my mindset regarding the coaching staff is similar to what others think about Martin.

Quote:
Because he is really good at the powerplay and its a good way to let him get adjusted to the league without having too much defensive responsibility. He won't be as good as Gonchar on the powerplay, but I'd rather give sheltered powerplay-heavy ice time to an up and coming guy with potential than a guy on the tail end of his career.
I can see your point, here.

Quote:
I really don't see what being off-season training partners with Geno has to do with anything. Neal is training with Gary Roberts and I don't want him back either.
Guess I didn't really make my point here. I have no idea what either of their off season routine has been before. I do know that last year, they both worked with Kadar. Or, maybe more accurately, Geno worked with Kadar and Sarge was working with Geno. However you want to put it. Neither had the best of seasons in 10-11, but both did much better last season. Some shaky logic suggests that the off season training played a part in that. So, wobbling on to a conclusion that another off season committed to training will again lead to good results.